Bulgarian Maritime summit Ltd ( BMS hereunder ) recognises the fundamental importance of privacy, security and data protection to our customers and partners worldwide.
We collect Personal Information:
1. Through our website, our mobile device or desktop applications, or any other BMS tool or delivery platform through which we make our content available (the “ BMS Content Platforms”);
2. When you interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps;
3. As a result of your subscribing to or contracting for our services;
4. As a result of your attendance at our conferences, webinars and other events, or at events not organised by us where you interact with our staff;
5. When you communicate with our staff, including, for example, through instant messaging applications and email;
6. When you visit our premises and your Personal Information is recorded for building security purposes; and/or
7. Through our own research, through our partnerships and from third parties that provide it to us (e.g., your employer, where appropriate in the context of providing services; credit reference agencies to the extent necessary to detect and prevent fraud; law enforcement authorities to the extent necessary to investigate actual or suspected criminal activity).
The categories of Personal Information we Process are as follows:
1. Personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number and email address;
2. Business contact data such as your employer’s name, your employer’s address, your role, your business telephone number and your business email address;
3. Financial information, such as your credit/debit card number or other billing information;
4. Information necessary for providing services to you, such as user IDs and passwords, product and service preferences and contact preferences;
5. Geo-location data such as your IP address or physical location;
6. Details of the services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries;
7. Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through BMS Content Platforms; and
8. Information you provide to us through our customer surveys.
We will only Process your Personal Information in a fair, lawful and transparent manner.
Your Personal Information will only be shared with third parties (including our group companies) that have committed to maintain strict organisational and technical measures to protect your Personal Information.
We employ physical, electronic and managerial control procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access to your information. We choose these safeguards based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, Process and store and the current state of technology
· Business Transactions. As we develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets or the assets disclosed in connection with the due diligence for any such transaction.
This section sets out the legal rights you may have, subject to applicable law, in respect of your Personal Information that we Process.
· Right to object
You have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Information where we have exercised the right to Process on the grounds of our legitimate interest.
Marketing emails you receive from us include an unsubscribe instruction (usually found at the bottom of the email) that you may use to stop receiving future marketing-related emails.
· Right to withdraw your consent
Where you have given us your consent to Process your Personal Information and we use this as the only basis to Process your Personal Information, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
For example, you may withdraw your consent from marketing emails by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link usually found at the bottom of the email. Please note that we may be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our Sites, or services, if you choose to withdraw your consent.
· Correction of errors in information
· Right to erasure
If you request us to do so and there is no valid reason for us to retain it, we will erase your Personal Information without undue delay.
· Right to restriction
You are entitled to seek the restriction of Processing if there is a disagreement between us as to whether the right of erasure applies. You may seek this right:
1. for the time needed to verify whether information is accurate if you have contested its accuracy; or
2. where you feel that we no longer need the data but you do for the purposes of a legal claim; or
3. you have objected to the Processing but we seek to establish that we have compelling legitimate grounds for overriding your objection.
Where this right applies we will temporarily remove the data from our systems so as to avoid further Processing and we will flag the restricted data in a way that makes it clear that Processing is restricted.
· Right to object to profiling
You may object to our Processing of your Personal Information where we:
1. predict your service preferences, for example, by monitoring your browsing behaviour when you visit BMS Content Platforms; or
2. rely on automated decisions that have legal consequences or significantly affect you.
· Right to data portability
Where we Process your Personal Information by automated means and the Processing is either based on your consent or a contract with you, you can request that we transfer your Personal Information in a commonly used machine-readable form to a third-party system.
We are not responsible if the Processing systems are incompatible such that your Personal Information cannot be read by the third-party system.
· Right to make a complaint
We are headquartered in Varna, Bulgaria . If you live in the EU, you have the right to raise a complaint with the with the Supervisory Authority in Bulgaria or in the EU country in which you feel that your rights were infringed.
If you live outside of the EU, privacy laws in your country may also you give this right.
You have the right to access your Personal Information that we maintain about you and is held by us in paper records or electronic systems.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. This may vary according to the nature of your relationship with us.